Friday 13 January 2017

Albert Brothers ready for Hunters season (Post Courier 06/01/17)

Wellington Albert
By FIDELIS SUKINA

The Albert Brothers Stanton and Wellington Albert are two players that will be helping the Hunters gain much momentum in the forwards this year.

With their exposure and training in Australia with the Penrith Panthers the brothers are a plus for the Hunters in the Intrust Super Cup seasons in 2017.

Albert had two shoulder injuries that minimized his game time during his stay in Australia but is looking to use the experience he gained from the Penrith Panthers to get a step higher in the Hunters team.

“I have had three years of National Rugby League (NRL) experience despite having not played an NRL game, but I have had the chance to train with the elites in the game.

“I had two major shoulder injuries to both my shoulders but I had the best treatment in Australia and I am fit and ready to get back to playing for the hunters,” Wellington Albert said

Stanton is also happy about returning to the Hunters and shared the same sentiments with his brother, as they both look forward to making an impact in the team.
Stanton Albert

“It was awesome being with my brother and gaining much experience in Australia but it is also a good feeling coming back to PNG, and I am happy and feeling confident we can make it to the finals this year,” Stanton Albert said

Wellington who stands at 193cm and weighs about 113kg is billed as a Prop and a winger as well and says he is able and willing to play any position.

“I am ready to play and I can play lock, Front Row, Second Row or even the Wing,” Wellington said

No comments: